The basic flapjack recipe remains the same but you can add extras to it usually chocolate chips or raisins, I decided to melt chocolate over the top.
- 150g Golden Syrup
- 150g Margarine
- 150g Brown Sugar
- 300g Oats
- Chocolate chips
- Chocolate (to melt over the top)
- Lightly butter a baking tin, then dust with flour to prevent sticking.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Weigh out the syrup, margarine, and brown sugar, and mixed together.
- Melt the mixture in a saucepan at a low heat.
- Weigh out the oats and mix in the melted mixture.
- When it’s all mixed together pour it into the baking tin, and use the back of a spoon to pat down the top.
- Put in oven for about 15-20mins.
For the optional melted chocolate:
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, when it had boiled lower the heat.
- Break up the bar of chocolate and place into a bowl, put the bowl on top of the water.
- Keep stirring the chocolate to prevent it from burning.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the flapjack.
And voilà! Yummers!