So if you were wondering what to do with celery here’s my answer: celery soup! It’s really healthy and vegetarian which is how I roll. I also like recipes where all the ingredients are things you can eat raw without dying!*
- 150g chopped celery
- chopped clove of garlic (fyi a bulb is the full thing, a clove is one of the little wedges inside)
- chopped onion
- 200ml veg stock
- single cream for garnish
This is a really quick and simple recipe.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the celery, garlic, onion, and fry on a low heat.
- Cook for about 5mins to soften.
- Make the veg stock and pour into the saucepan.
- Pour everything in a blender and blitz.
- Pour into a bowl and add a splash of single cream
I said this was a healthy recipe and it’s certainly low calorie; 150g of celery has about 15 calories in it! But that’s obvs not enough to live on and it contains no carbs or protein to speak of. I suggest doing what I did which is having the soup with cheese on toast to make it more substantial. Or have the soup for starter (in which case I would halve the quantity).
If you liked this recipe please share it with your friends by clicking the share buttons below. Thanks!
*I tried food poisoning once and I don’t recommend it! I also don’t recommend drinking the tap water in Venice!