Here you go, what you’ve all been waiting for; how to make fabric yo yos!
They’re really easy and cute. Should I ever get my act together and sew something worth while like a fancy dress, or bed spread I might adorn it with yo yos aplenty!
- Cut out a circle of fabric (the resulting yo yo will be half the size of the original circle), I used a roll of tape as a template.
- Fold the edge of the circle over and sew with a running stitch.
- Once you’ve sewn all the way around pull gently on the loose end of thread.
- Add a couple of stitches to keep it all in place, then tie off the thread and cut off the excess.
- Flatten the yo yo own.
- I glue on some little flower thingies my mum got me that I have absolutely no other use for.