A long time ago (in a galaxy far, far away) I bought a moose cookie cutter and have finally got around to using it! It came with a Swedish recipe for ginger biscuits so I though I’d give it a bash. I had to change the recipe though as it called for cardamom which the shop didn’t have, and I used half plain white flour and half rice flour (yes that is a thing) because I didn’t have enough plain flour.
These are the ingredients I used:
- 1 lb Flour (mixed plain white and rice)
- 1/2 tbsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tbsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp ground ginger
- 12 oz butter
- 14 oz sugar
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- Beat the butter and cream in the sugar.
- Add all the dry ingredients (apart from the flour) and mix.
- Add the water, syrup, and the flour and mix into dough (mine was a bit too runny so I had to add more flour).
- Leave the dough for 24 hrs to rest, I wrapped in cling film and put it in the cupboard.
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius and butter and flour a baking tray.
- Rolled pretty thin and use the cutter to cut out the biscuits.
- Cook in the oven for about 5 mins (keep checking though)!