Marzipan! Yummers! There are some people that don’t actually like marzipan. I don’t understand them but it just means there’s more for me. Anyway, here’s how you can make it yourself- to eat a bowlful of, or to make to add to cakes.
- 340g ground almonds
- 340g icing sugar
- 3 teaspoons pure almond extract
- 2 teaspoon quality food grade rose water (I got this easily from Morrisons for 79p)
- 2 egg white
- Mix the ground almonds and icing sugar, I used my blender but by hand should be fine too.
- Add the almond extract and rose water, then the egg white and mix until a thick dough is formed. It will firm up later in the fridge but you can add more icing sugar if it’s too wet.
- Once it’s a dough, place it on a work surface and knead a few times. Form into a log, wrap in plastic and refrigerate.
It should last a month in the fridge and 6 months in the freezer.
I got this recipe from Daring Gourmet.