Boyfriend bought me a smart little recipe book, called ‘Just 5 Ingredients- Vegetarian’. I have complained in the past that recipe books are either full of meat recipes, or are vegetarian but have so many different ingredients in each one making it overly complex and expensive. So the gimmick of this recipe book is that each recipe only requires 5 ingredients. A caveat to that is that they expect you to always have 10 other items in stock (flour, salt, sugar, stock cubes etc).
This is a very simple feta and tomato tart, minimal skill and prep time.
- 300g Pre-roll Puff Pastry
- 100g Feta
- 250g Baby Plum Tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Tomato Puree
This makes 4 servings.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface and score a border with a sharp knife about 2cm from the edge. Spread a layer of tomato puree over the pastry.
- Chop the tomatoes, feta, and onions and place on top of the pastry.
- Place in the oven for about 30mins, until golden brown.
- Serve, you can sprinkle some basil leaves over the top if you want to get fancy.
I made mine with salad and boiled potatoes. I was relatively horrified to discover how unhealthy this was due to the pastry. Alright one portion is around 500 calories which is fine, but about 350 of those comes from the pastry!